|Project by jfk4032||posted 03-16-2014 12:00 PM||1719 views||17 times favorited||15 comments|
Picking up from my last post, I still had to test the new walnut border to ensure I would have no problems prior to completing the two other boards intended for gifts.
We bought a full fresh turkey and gave the board a thorough workout with the board surface and gravy moat soaked and covered in juices and oils for over a half hour. The border held up terrific with no signs of stress or movement. We washed it clean and all was good. Passing the test, I finished off the other two boards with replacing the borders on one and finishing the boarders on the other and the end results are pictured here.
I’m glad I tried this tumbling block pattern, I learned a lot and I’m happy with the final results, although I had many stumblings on tumblings along the way. I think I’ll give these tumblings a rest for quite a while.
-- ---Joel; Central MD...rookie empter nester and getting back into woodworking!