|Project by Questtut||posted 03-12-2014 12:05 AM||1193 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
This is the new walkout basement doors I had to build to help keep the wind out of my basement while building the walkout extension. I simply datoed the 2×4s for the OSB pieces to fit within. I did not glue them in case I need to make future changes. I also used 3 1/2 deck screws to assemble them. there are 2 locks, a simple 2×4 bar lock to keep it closed tight, and a latch for a padlock near the top.
I have included a couple pics of digging the walkout entry to show why I had to build these doors. I used the biggest tool in my shop to dig it out, my MF3165I Loader. I’m very happy with how well it did in our rocky hard soil.