|Project by OldWolfsWoodShop||posted 03-10-2014 04:08 AM||1191 views||7 times favorited||2 comments|
got tired of trying to find a tortilla press that I liked. So after research on Lumberjocks and YouTube, found several designs that I liked. And then created one I liked. 3 of the units are made from cherry and 1 from birch.
- 7” base to allow for a 6” – 7” tortilla. most of the designs I saw required a 9” size. I like a smaller tortilla
- gap of 1/8” front and back, so a uniform tortilla is pressed.
- finished with Claphams’ Salad bowl finish, (available from Lee Valley)
- Chicago bolts are from Home Depot, I will be replacing these bolts with bolts from Lee Valley as the Chicago bolts for home Depot are poorly plated.
- all sides are coved to allow for easier use.
- rubber feet on the bottom so the units do not slide during use.
-- Making Sawdust is great stress relief... www.oldwolfswoodshop.ca