|Project by robscastle||posted 03-09-2014 03:13 AM||1256 views||1 time favorited||7 comments|
Sunday saw me doing a bit of a tidy up.
However part way through the task i found some stock suitable for a vertical towel holder my son had asked me for the week earlier.
The vertical post Yellow Stringybark
The base: a section of jointed Jarah I had as an off cut from an earlier project.
Making the Post: I cut the post square and dimensioned it to suit the inside dimensions of the paper towel
Ran it through my shaper and rounded it into a cylinder
Cut it to length to suit.
Making the base: I squared up and cut it to suit the outer diameter of the paper towel.
Bored a sunken hole with a forstner bit, drilled the center through and countersunk the under side
sanded the pole to a tight fit and attached it with a single screw from underneath.
I didn’t glue the post in at this stage as I may have to dismantle it for delivery
Finish: I sanded everything with 120 and then 220 grit and applied a coat of Tung Oil for finishing
Time: about 1 Hr and time for coffee, and then think about that tidy up task again, I am sure I will find something else more interesting to do.
After all the unexpected comments I sent some time checking out information I missed whilst away.
By chance I saw a post by PASs showing some Beall wood polishing so I thought I would give it a go.
The Towel holder was selected as the test piece. I was impressed with the result and did blog “Wood Burnishing” to pass on my results.
Here is an add on Photo, The rest are within the blog.
-- Regards Robert