|Project by dbhost||posted 03-05-2014 03:19 PM||2958 views||17 times favorited||16 comments|
I already blogged on this one both here on Lumberjocks, and http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com/2014/03/more-shop-updates-and-clamp-cart-is.html where I go into more detail about completing the build, and http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com/2014/03/making-good-on-deal-almsot-i-built.html where I go into detail about the build itself and give links to the Sketchup model I built and based this on.
The cart is made from reclaimed and ripped 2×4s, plywood cutoffs, and cast off castors from an old long ago torn down shop cabinet that was in the garage when I bought the house…. So expenses were minimal.
I have it loaded down with my clamp collection, and it actually rolls around pretty well, and considering how small the footprint is for how heavy and tall it is, it is actually remarkably stable…
The build was extra simple, just screwed together with ample screws, no glue except for the reinforcement block for the castors.
Hopefully I gave someone else some ideas on how to approach the clamp storage problem as well…
Thanks for looking!
-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com, YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoa-AgyeFWqnQfGIJwdzkog