|Project by MrNorwood||posted 03-03-2014 06:25 PM||899 views||1 time favorited||2 comments|
Once again, being the rebel that I am, I bend the rules of posting projects. Yes, this project is made out of wood, however no I did not make it. This was a restoration project for a couple having, excuse me, a couple who had a baby last Friday. I finished this project about 2wks ago and just getting around to posting it. Their son was born healthy and happy with a few fresh pieces of furniture.
The dresser with the mirror is actually over 40+ years old and was build by the customer’s great uncle. it was sitting in a basement for several years before seeing the light of day again. They were both pretty nasty with basement juice built up, but nothing some elbow grease didn’t rememdy. I cleaned with TSP, primed with 2 coats of Zinnser Oil Base Primer, 3 coats of Rustoleum Painter’s Touch Acrylic Latex in Flat Black, and 4 coats of Minwax Polycrylic in Satin. the number of coats just so happened to work out in sequential order. Handles are brushed nickle too. Used foam roller for every coat except top coat, used angled bristle brush for those.
Thanks for looking
-- Remember, Jesus was a carpenter.