|Project by WOODTAKERS||posted 03-03-2014 04:43 PM||1145 views||0 times favorited||7 comments|
This was my first large segmented vase that I did this weekend. I believe its 252 segments total at a 15° angle. I used some scrap walnut that I had laying around and the light wood is a pallet that I picked up from work. Hollow inside and sanded down to 600, applied to coats of boiled linseed oil and used 3 coats of sanding sealer. Still have to sand the sanding sealer and apply the gloss poly. Stands roughly 20” tall and a little over 8 1/2 ” in the middle.
All in all I liked it for my first attempt at a large vase.
-- Stephen, WoodTakers