|Project by B0b||posted 02-28-2014 11:41 PM||661 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
My apartment had a fireplace that was simply boxed out in drywall. The fireplace was really undersized, which I loved because it actually heated the entire apartment, but a small amount of soot would travel up the wall and leave a pretty nasty stain. My landlord gave me a rotten mantle that was in the leaky basement of another building. It was actually black, I wish I took a photo of it. I cleaned it up, cut it down, and this is how I adapted it to our fireplace. Once we painted, it served us quite well, and he paid me in wood to thank me.
-- Time to get started