|Project by SawdustTX||posted 153 days ago||756 views||3 times favorited||5 comments|
My daughter needed a place to store her stablehand work boots outside (they don’t smell so good after a day at the stables). The boots needed to be protected from rain and critters, but with air circulation so her boots can dry after wet days.
Armed with a pallet and half a Saturday, she put this together (I got to help). It’s a small bench box for the front porch.
- It’s 20” tall, perfect sitting height for taking off her boots. 14” deep by 18” wide.
- Hinged lid made of biscuit jointed pallet slats glued with waterproof wood glue, so no rain water can penetrate
- Bottom frame is a 1×2 “ladder” assembly, with aluminum window screen stapled to the bottom, so air can circulate but critters can’t enter.
- The bottom is raised 4” above ground to facilitate the air movement and keep the boots above creepy-crawlies
- Legs are 1.5×3.5” from the pallet beams