|Project by JoesBetterHalf||posted 02-21-2014 03:38 AM||1475 views||6 times favorited||12 comments|
Earlier this week, I was itching to make something, and I had an idea in my head for a round argyle cutting board… the problem: I was too lazy to mill any lumber. We have a pretty large scrap pile, so I went digging. I found a few smaller pieces of cherry, a 2” x 12” piece of bubinga, and some random scraps of walnut.
The squares are 2 1/2 inches. I cut 8 cherry and 8 walnut. Then two 1/4 inch strips of bubinga. I assembled this in the same manner as my rectangle boards (except fewer squares). I made sure the really pretty figured walnut would be featured in the center and that all wood grain would run in the same direction so I could plane it after clamping.
Planed. Circle cut. Hole Drilled. Sanded to 320. Oiled. Waxed. Hooray!!
Looks pretty good for wood that was destined for the fireplace.