|Project by matts_dad||posted 166 days ago||610 views||0 times favorited||7 comments|
It seems that all in my brother in-law’s household agreed to put their carbs into a locked breadbox. Good healthy idea for them. In support, here is my response a year or so later.
The box is made from white pine, Minwax stain and some brass hardware. Its dimensions are 18W x 15H x 15D.
Initially, I tried using Minwax PolyCrylic water based finish. But I ended up with brush lines which were difficult to minimize. So, with some discouragement, I put the project down until I came across a very well finished piece of pine on a small project from mpmitche http://lumberjocks.com/projects/58041
I put a comment on Mike’s project asking how he put the finish on his project. Mike kindly posted a response. Encouraged to try his poly wipe on finish approach, I sanded most of my finish off and wiped on 4 layers of MinWax wipe on poly. A little past wax polishing and wella – I was done.
Hope my efforts might encourage some one else.