|Project by BasHolland||posted 02-05-2014 03:31 PM||1300 views||3 times favorited||14 comments|
I started this project because I wanted to make a tea-box.
I had some pieces of “design-acrylic” laying in my shop.
My neighbor brought it to me, because otherwise it went into the trash-container.
I used pine, meranti and white oak.
I put some rare earth magnets under the inlays. One magnet was placed up-side down, so I had to make some corrections. I’m not happy with the diamond shape inlays. But it is a learning process.
After I finished the box with Danish Oil, the smell was awfull. After weeks, still the smell of Danish Oil.
So it can’t be used as a tea-box.
Now it’s a storage box for my portable harddrives…...
Thanks for viewing and your comments are welcome.
-- Bas, Holland