|Project by BasHolland||posted 02-05-2014 02:25 PM||4054 views||4 times favorited||15 comments|
I made this project last year.
I didn’t post it yet, so here it is.
I’ve learnt a lot of lessons after I finished this box.
- Pine is soft, so take care of bumps etc.
- Be carefull with glue-excess. (you can see a big spot!!)
- try to experiment with different Woods
- simple knobs/pulls can look beautifull
- keep on using scrap wood or reclaimed wood. I never buy wood.
- keep on practising your dovetails.
I used pine, meranti and mahogany. The finish was (i believe) 3 layers of Danish Oil.
You can see the tiny dentist-bits :))
Some more pics:
Thanks for viewing and comments are welcome.
-- Bas, Holland