|Project by Kevin_S||posted 01-24-2014 02:30 AM||1042 views||2 times favorited||2 comments|
I made this bathroom vanity last year. My wife provided pictures of the styles she liked and I came up with this design. We bought the solid surface top and faucet, which I used to generate the final dimensions.
The carcase is walnut plywood sides, Baltic birch bottom, cherry back, and poplar structural pieces. Kind of an odd mix of wood, but some of it was dictated by what I had on hand. For example, I wanted a 1/4 inch plywood back and already had a half sheet of cherry ply on hand. Why buy a new sheet of walnut ply when that will do just fine.
It’s a similar story with the drawers. They are maple with a cherry ply bottom and walnut face.
Face frame, doors, and legs are solid walnut.
I got a pocket hole jig for this project and must say that I really liked using it to put together the face frame and to reinforce other parts.
The box joints on the drawers are overkill, but I’ve been wanting to make a router jig to cut those and this was my excuse. I kept it simple and made it out of scraps. It will only cut one size, but I may try to build a better, more adjustable version in the future.