|Project by ghost5||posted 01-22-2014 10:50 PM||717 views||0 times favorited||8 comments|
I was turning whatever blanks were laying around the shop and I found this little Bradford pear laying there. I got it started but it had a couple of bad checks and as I turned it to see if I could get rid of them it started to look like a cauldron. I liked that but the checks went almost to the center of the blank that is when the cracked pot idea hit me. I used some CA to strengthen the checks then turned it to finish. I left some tear out to make it look old and used.
I think I will turn a little wand to go with it just cause I can and to continue my idea of the witch’s pot getting broken.
5 1/2” x 2” clear stain and lacquer
-- Tommy, http://www.followingghost.com