|Project by BobWemm||posted 01-08-2014 07:56 AM||1018 views||0 times favorited||12 comments|
I started ten of these bowls just before Christmas and WELL, you all know what happens at this time of the year. They finally got finished a couple of days ago, so that is why I’m not sure if they are the last of 2013 or the first of 2014. LOL.
No 1. Eucalyptus platypus and the repairs are epoxy and coffee grounds. approx. 8×4in. Shellawax Glow finish.
No 2. Australian Walnut – spalted. Approx. 8×3in. Shellawax Glow finish.
No 3. Eucalyptus ? Sugar gum. Approx. 8×3in. Shellawax Glow finish.
No 4. Corkscrew Willow. Approx. 9×3.5in. Wipe on Poly finish.
No 5. ??? Coral Tree. Approx. 6×3in. Wipe on Poly finish.
No 6. Banksia menziesii. Approx. 6×3in. Krylon Clear Varnish finish. This piece had a severe crack almost all the way through so I Cut and Shut a piece of pine into the cracked area. Don’t you just hate it when the depth becomes equal to the height. I glued another piece of Banksia into the base and the inside buckled during that process. Sanding went right through the bottom and exposed the glue. This one might be a keeper as well.
C & C welcome and thanks for looking.
-- Bob, Western Australia, The Sun came up this morning, what a great start to the day. Now it's up to me to make it even better. I've cut this piece of wood 4 times and it's still too damn short.