|Project by KoryK||posted 01-08-2014 01:44 AM||1663 views||3 times favorited||19 comments|
Hello to all and I hope everyone had a great holiday,
I finished this one recently and it was a challenge from beginning to end. I have seen this pattern before but there were some things I wanted to change. I made my own pattern and made the changes that I wanted. Being my own worst enemy, the wings were a real challenge with the accent cuts , shaping, and sanding. I really liked the way the spalted tamerin turned out, because it looked like marble for the alter. Hope y’all like it.
It had 135 individual pieces (mostly in the wings) with nine different woods and no stains were used to achieve colors. It is 18×18 and is about 1 inches to 1/8 thick finished in satin.
Skin, hair, laurel Yellow heart, curly maple, lignum, blood wood
Alter Spalted tamerin, walnut
Dress Cypress, cherry
-- If you not making sawdust, your probably wasting your time. Kory