|Project by Gianni||posted 01-06-2014 03:55 AM||763 views||2 times favorited||1 comment|
With behemoth bookcase finally anchored to the wall, I decided to get organized a little. I searched for bookends on google, bing, and yahoo images and found these. I have seen others on here do the pushing guy bookends on the scrollsaw, and I picked these two patterns, cutting a few from miscellaneous cedar and pine cutoffs in the garage.
I added a strip of 3/4 wide acrylic to the bottom that extends under the first few books or so (about 2-3 inches, nothing scientific) to hold them in place, as they would just slide without the weight of the books on the acrylic to help hold them. I wiped on a quick coat of varnish, except for the falling guy, who I left sanded but unfinished for now.