|Project by mafe||posted 12-30-2013 01:38 AM||9025 views||73 times favorited||13 comments|
Board center gauge
This is a gauge I have seen boat builders use to mark center on both sides of boards when splitting them in half.
The grooves will serve as a guide or the saw cut.
So this was the wooden version that I made before the brass and dark wood, both work well.
(This was made February 2011, just never posted).
I made again a blog: http://lumberjocks.com/mafe/blog/39158
1. The gauge in use, as you see it works with many thicknesses.
2. This is the super basic version, scrap wood, two dowels and a nail.
3. Selecting a drill bit to match.
4. The parts.
5. I wedged the legs in place here.
6. Using the gauge, as you can see I here used a brass screw as pin and made it able to adjust the pin like this.
This version are quite fast to make, can be shaped easy and in my opinion looks dam sexy too!
Happy newyear to all of you.
-- MAD F, the fanatical rhykenologist and vintage architect. Democraticwoodworking.