|Project by pauldye||posted 12-28-2013 08:02 PM||1203 views||7 times favorited||7 comments|
This was from a recent Woodsmith magazine. I thought it would be easy, but I had to stop a few times, to learn how to do something new.
Cutting the angled dados on the inside of the slats was new. That was not difficult, but with 12 slats to do, I ruined a few because of lack of focus.
There are two 12-sided rings included. They are each made of two 6-sided rings, glued together. The top ring had to be routered with a tramel for an inside circular opening. The wooden button plugs were stained with india ink. I tried to use Sharpie, but that runs. I guess permanent does not mean indelible. India ink worked great.
I finished with boiled Linseed Oil, and polyurethene.