|Project by endgrainy||posted 12-27-2013 09:56 PM||1760 views||15 times favorited||17 comments|
By far the most challenging project I’ve tried to date, these walnut stools pushed my dimensional thinking resources to the limit. The compound angles of the legs (attached to top with 3/4” dowels) and the subsequent angled mortise and tenon joins for the stretchers required a lot of trial and error. I made several mock ups with dimensional construction lumber.
The tops consist of two boards edge glued together, the curve was made on the bandsaw and then shaped further with rasps and files. Finish is a wash cost of shellac, followed by Arm-R-Seal satin topcoat. I made one, and then my wife insisted on the second and third. They’re not perfect but I learned a lot.
-- Follow me on Instagram @endgrainy