|Project by Steve Kreins||posted 12-26-2013 10:07 PM||1235 views||0 times favorited||15 comments|
Remember, I am just starting and I’ve NEVER done any kind of woodworking. The door on our storage shed was totally rotten and falling apart. I thought about repairing it, but that was a bad idea. I used treated lumber with a treated particle board cover. I used a simple slide latch that can be locked. The photography makes it look slanted, but trust me it’s square. The door fits perfect. Total cost was under $15 since I did find some scrap. I sealed the exterior with a stain / sealer that I had. I did some bracing of the roof and interior walls using scrap. I now have a shed that will outlast me.
I can now get everything out of my man-cave so I can build my shop. I’m so happy!
This project helped me learn how to use my new compound miter saw and a few other things I had never done. It will be interesting to see how my projects improve with time and hep from my new friends at LumberJocks!
-- I thank God for everything, especially all of you!