|Project by robscastle||posted 12-26-2013 06:08 AM||1000 views||0 times favorited||6 comments|
We had some small visitors over the days leading up to Christmas so I set to work making heaps of these critters.
The ones I finished I used flocking on them. The rest went home raw for custom finalising at their respective homes.
We used the original woodgears template, which was inspired after seeing the other LJ reindeer posts.
I then made a MDF pattern modified to suit my measurements and away we went.
Made the initial band saw cuts, then brad tacked them back together for the final finishing cuts.
I found if you used thick enough material there was two reverse image single sided shapes suitable for mounting on a background as a bonus.
A bit like flying ducks only reindeers.
Didn’t use any other finishing so then, just painted them with watered down PVA Glue and flocked the body brown, when it was dry then painted the antlers with glue again and then used red flocking to complete the finish.
The eyes were installed with CA glue and I stuck them on with tweezers to avoid becoming Edward reindeer hands.
Not being gender discriminate I made a female one.
I guess I should call one “Blackie”
They all enjoyed Christmas, and I hope you all did also.
-- Regards Robert