|Project by Airframer||posted 12-23-2013 10:37 PM||1806 views||6 times favorited||20 comments|
I had noticed some black marks appearing on my tool cabinet build around the joints. It took me a bit to figure it out when it hit me that it was my black rubber mallet that was leaving them.
So I decided to build a new assembly mallet to replace that one with.
I patterned it to match my larger beater mallet but in negative.
Made from Jatoba and Maple with 2 layers of thick leather on each face. The head is also a deadblow filled with BB’s.
Finish is Danish Oil and will get a coat of wax once that is dry.
Thanks for looking!
This turned out to be my entry in this years Mallet Swap sent to it’s new home with LJ Palaswood.
-- Eric - "I'm getting proficient with these hand jobbers. - BigRedKnothead"