|Project by Gianni||posted 12-22-2013 03:08 AM||920 views||0 times favorited||2 comments|
Saw some small tube vases posted and thought it was a cool idea, so I ordered up some test tubes. Regrettably, I don’t seem to have a drill bit the right size, and between deer hunting and bad weather I haven’t made it to the store to pick one up.
Still got a few done on the scrollsaw though. Cut a piece of leftover ply into blanks and cut the bottom slot on the table saw, then taped them together, drew on a pattern (mostly random points from a set of french curves, though the green one is just the shop-vac hose end) and cut them out. Broke my last fine blade on the first one, and with no trip through the ice to the store I just did the rest with a spiral blade I had here, which left the edges a little rough.
Finish left to right are poly, gold paint, and green minwax colored stain. I think they will make great trinket giveaways and are pretty fast to rip out.