|Project by BobWemm||posted 12-21-2013 01:23 PM||2234 views||3 times favorited||23 comments|
I finally got this bowl finished today. It has been a work in progress for nearly 2 years, so it is good to have it done. The blank was very fragile and was full of holes, so much repair work was required. I didn’t have a pressure pot either so it was lots of resin, wood hardener and CA glue.
All the initial shaping work was done with steel radiator hose clamps wrapped around to outside to keep it together. Every time I repaired it and then cleaned it up, there were more holes and flaws. This went on and on.
Now there are a few minor flaws and the piece cannot be sold, but that is OK because SWMBO really likes it.
The finished piece is approx. 8in X 3in and is finished with 3 coats of Wipe on Poly.
Thanks for looking and C & C are welcome.
Hope you like it.
-- Bob, Western Australia, The Sun came up this morning, what a great start to the day. Now it's up to me to make it even better. I've cut this piece of wood 4 times and it's still too damn short.