|Project by mafe||posted 12-19-2013 04:28 PM||2071 views||5 times favorited||21 comments|
life is full of magic; if we remember to put it there
I have a saying:
‘Life is full of magic; if we remember to put it there’.
The wand was not a project I intended to do…
It came like magic, while I was experimenting to make imitated bamboo on the lathe.
In this process, the wand just came to life in my hands.
Must have been a magic tree the wood came from.
So I guess it was the rebirth of a ancient Japanese magicians wand.
1. The wand in it’s holder, made from magic Scottish burl (and a few extras, made from the same magic tree).
2. Origami crane keeps the magic on it’s wings.
3. Ornament keeps the energy back at the end of the wand and brings beauty to the magic of the wand.
4. Magic jewel focusing the energy.
5. The wand can be put apart, so it is easy to transport and hide from bad spirits or thief’s.
6. The wand standing in it’s holder (and a couple of backup wands from the same tree).
Here how it was made.
Magic might inspire…
-- MAD F, the fanatical rhykenologist and vintage architect. Democraticwoodworking.