|Project by robscastle||posted 12-14-2013 11:09 PM||1010 views||0 times favorited||7 comments|
We has some visitors to look after overnight and they wanted me to make them some swords.
It turned out that it was quite a lot more time consuming and more detailed process than my first “not a problem, easy done” comment.
The materials I used were recycled pallet planks and a couple of the templates I used for my curved front box project for the hilt.
I cut the profiles for the blade on the table saw and one of the hilts by sawing the sides off and then a section from the middle was cut out to accommodate the blade/handle.
I used a round over bit to profile the handle sanded off the sharp edges and glued it all back together again.
Once the glue was dry I used the disk sander to tidy up the edges.
The second hilt I used the bandsaw which allowed a bit more thickness on the side plates.
Daniel and Calista then applied sanding sealer to the finished product and then when dry enjoyed themselves until dark.
Materials: Pine, Titebond III
Tools: Table saw, shaper, bandsaw, disk sander and heaps of clamps and a sanding block for final finishing.
-- Regards Robert