|Project by MsDebbieP||posted 08-16-2008 05:24 PM||2507 views||0 times favorited||36 comments|
Aug 16, 2008
This might be the last one I post for a while… I’m about out of ideas for new versions.
Wood: walnut (see? I don’t always paint walnut!) and poplar (painted black)
Hinges: Jewelry wire
Door Knob: 1/2 a hair barrette
1. cut the walnut to length and then cut the top piece off.
2. Cut the walnut wedges off, creating the angles
3. Cut the door to fit and used my new chisels to cut out the “boards”
4. Painted the door black
5. Put two coats of poly on the walnut
6. thought: this is defnitely my favourite door
7. Created the hinges (being careful not to create hinges that could be interpreted in um.. unique ways)
8. Cursed the hinges as i tried to attach them to the door and make them fit in the door frame.
9. Glued the frame/door all together.
10. Cursed the gluing process as everything moved this way and that
11. Thought: this is no longer my favourite door
12. Attached the handle
13. Thought: it’s finally done and it looks ALMOST like I had envisioned
14. Hmm now I’m disappointed with the photos. They appear a little blurry. Darn.
Ok.. next project.
-- ~ Debbie, Canada (https://www.facebook.com/DebbiePribeleENJOConsultant)