|Project by Nick_R||posted 237 days ago||612 views||1 time favorited||6 comments|
Well as usual it did not turn out as planned. But it did turn out OK..
So what I did is take a bunch of scrap wood and cut it down to 3/4 inch strips. I had some oak and maple and red cedar.
Glued them together as a plank and then ran them through my planer to make them smooth. Then I cut it into equal 7” x 7” squares and glued them in a stack to 7” high. But I turned the grain 90 degrees to each other as I stacked them.
My intention was to have a nice bowl with a lid about 6.5” high.
Welllll. It was 95% complete and the lid blew apart. DAMN.. So now I have a bowl with no lid.. Oh well..
I was surprised that it came out looking like a plaid blanket..
Oh well… I still like it.
-- Hope for the best but plan for the worst. - 7 finger Nick :)