|Project by scrapbmxrider16||posted 12-02-2013 05:07 PM||661 views||1 time favorited||5 comments|
Built this for the future Mother-In-Law. Started with some premium pine at 3/4” and cut it down to length of 36”. I put a chamfer on it on all four sides of the face. The finishing of the wood was winged to say it nicely. I stained the pine dark walnut. I left it on for 5 minutes and wiped the excess off. I let it dry about a week and then milk painted it. I used Old Milk Paint’s Snow White, I mixed it up to the right constancy and applied a liberal coat. I immediately whipped the paint down with a paper towel. After the paint had dried I sanded down random spots with some 220 grit and did some deeper spots with 150 grit. I used a torch after that to lightly distress the wood in random spots. I sealed the project with some spray on Lacquer, and then used some 0000 wool to knock the sheen down. I installed saw tooth hangers 16” apart on the rear to hand it up. I uses some Hammered Spray Paint on the pipe straps that hold the jars and the hooks. I got the square head nails and hammered head nails at a local salvage shop. I used 2 pint mason jars to hold the flowers. I picked the flowers up at Michaels. I found some really cool LED lights that run off 3 AA batteries and strung the flowers with lights. I know it is not a huge woodworking project and more of a craft, but I am very pleased how it came out.