|Project by rossinator||posted 271 days ago||593 views||5 times favorited||5 comments|
This is a menorah I made for my daughter from some reclaimed chestnut boards I saved from an antique home remodel. The boards were plaster and lathe backer boards, so they are full of small nail holes. The first trick was to find sections with relatively few nail holes. Each layer is a separate piece of wood that used the piece above it as the template for the curve. For the top piece, I used a 1 gallon paint can for the curve.
It clearly has a home made look to it, my band saw was out of commission, so I had to cut it out with my sabre saw, and the blade kept angling, so I had to plane and sand the curves back to true. My daughter loves it, and the chestnut is absolutely beautiful.