|Project by ChipOffTheOldBlock||posted 11-29-2013 11:24 PM||10762 views||31 times favorited||9 comments|
Finally, I finished my first real workbench. I followed a design/plan I found online from the Woodsmith Shop (which I’ve seen other folks on LJ use), but ended up changing and adding to the original design.
The top is comprised of four 3/4” sheets of MDF, cut to the appropriate dimensions. Only two of the sheets were included as a full piece, while the other two were just fillers around the outside of the bench top for added stability and weight. The table legs are pine and the edging and bottom shelf is Oak (I just wanted to use what I had on hand).
I made two dados for each T-Track so they sit flush with the table. Also, there’s a Kreg Klamp Track, Kreg Vise, Klamp Plate, and a bunch of bench dog holes. I also have pegboard on either side of the table. I plan to eventually add another Klamp Track as well as an additional shelf and/or drawers.
I finished the edging and base with Shellac.
Took lots of effort but I’m happy with how it turned out!
-- "Excellence is a thousand things done just a little bit better"