|Project by Davesfunwoodworking||posted 08-14-2008 03:57 AM||2122 views||2 times favorited||19 comments|
Well I needed a project for the last week. So here is what I came up with. It goes with the tea table. Its a hope chest for my daughter. I am adding alot of pictures so you can see how I did it. Have fun. Thanks for leaving feed back. This is after I hand cut all the dove tails and put the box together.
Here I have made some Queen Ann legs but made them on a small scale.
After getting the legs done, I needed to make a top So I thought about a flat top but wanted something curved. This was don in a few steps as I made the frame first.
Then I used some 1/4 inch plywood and bent it over the frame.
After that I had some Walnut burl veneer left over from the tea table so I used it for the top. I veneered it to the top of the ply wood. I used my veneer press on it.
After I had that done I glue up and veneered a nother piece of plywood for the inside lid.
I used some Walnut and made my own veneer. After that I glued it to the bottom of the lid.
After I was done with that I added a sides all the way around the lid.
Then with lots of sanding, I was ready for the finish. So here it is all finished up.
Then I put 5 coats of poly hand rub on it.
So there it is I had alot of fun making this. I really learned a lot on this one.