|Project by JL7||posted 11-24-2013 07:16 PM||3460 views||35 times favorited||30 comments|
This is the last of the 11 boards I built in this project. It is the “leftovers” board. Just took everything I had cut and put this together…..no leftover blocks. The border is unique….I glued together a bunch of the leftovers from the rip cuts and built the plank in Photo 5. I was pretty happy with the results and managed to route the edges with no tear-out….
Here’s a little re-cap on the overall project:
- 11 boards built (photo 6)
- Roughly 700 individual blocks (blocks are built from 2 pieces of 3/4” stock and finished size is ~1.5” x 2” x 1.25” thick)
- Average board is made up of 63 individual blocks.
- Primary woods are Hard Maple, Cherry and Walnut
- Secondary woods are Purlpheart, Padauk, Yellowheart, Wenge, Lacewood, Tigerwood, Cocobolo and Sepele
- Build time: on and off for 7 weeks.
- WAY too much sanding…...
- About a quart of Titebond III
The shape library is now extinct:
Some building tips HERE
I really appreciate all the comments you folks have left along the way here. All the inspiration to build stuff like this was found here on LJ’s from all of you…..
Thanks for looking…...
-- Jeff .... Minnesota, USA