|Project by MsDebbieP||posted 08-08-2008 11:00 PM||2107 views||0 times favorited||24 comments|
August 8, 2008
Fairy Door #4
1. I cut the edges off the piece for the door frame
2. I sanded the door part down to a thinner size so it is inset in the frame.
3. I carved the grooves in the door and in the top of the frame
4. I used a leftover piece of wood that I found (in the semi-circle shape) for the step
5. I stained the frame dark brown (I really should look to see what colour it really is)
6. I stained the door red (ha. bet you couldn’t guess that!)
7. I stained the step brown, wiped it off, and added a white stain over top
8. I used jewelry wire to form the hinges
9. I used the wire to attach the wooden bead to the door for the door handle
10. I glued it all together
11. I added a coat of poly.
12. I took pictures.
13. I’m now letting it dry.
-- ~ Debbie, Canada (https://www.facebook.com/DebbiePribeleENJOConsultant)