|Project by OldWolfsWoodShop||posted 11-08-2013 03:41 AM||1958 views||5 times favorited||1 comment|
Segmented bowl press, used for gluing segmented bowls.
- base (20” x 20”) is a double laminated construction spruce, milled to square and flat. I used 20” x 20” as the largest bowl I can turn on my lathe is 15”
- top is 3/4” white melamine, screwed to the base
- threaded rod (3/4”) is used for the uprights. nuts /Washers are countersunk on the underside of the base
- cross piece made from solid maple (2” x 3”)
- veneer press screw purchased at Lee Valley
-- Making Sawdust is great stress relief... www.oldwolfswoodshop.ca