|Project by j_dubb||posted 124 days ago||771 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
So my wife wanted a spice rack…...actually that’s not entirely true. We had a chintzy black plastic rotating spice thingamajig on the counter that was pretty unsightly as it had “made in china” written all over it and I decided it was time to get rid of it.
I’d wanted to work with oak for quite some time, so I went and picked up a 1×4x7 piece of oak. Did a quick sketch of the dimensions I wanted, cut out my pieces, put my homemade router jig to work.
No progress pics on this one because it was a very quick job from start to finish. Few coats of natural danish oil and called it a day.
I wish nice wood wasn’t so darn costly. I should really make an effort to find some “local” lumber mills.