|Project by mafe||posted 297 days ago||4690 views||1 time favorited||29 comments|
I had a couple of gauges that needed new handles.
Like the old English style that my others had.
So I just had to find some different pieces of wood and tried to make them members of the family.
1. My gauges.
2. A piece of beech and a piece of hardwood from a harbor pole.
3. First turning then a fitting them to the handles.
4. The hex shape I simply made by hand on a belt sander.
5. Oil and wax for the handles.
6. Gauges and mortise chisels in their home.
Who knows perhaps it can inspire a wee bit…
-- Mad F, the fanatical rhykenologist and vintage architect. Democraticwoodworking.