|Project by scrapbmxrider16||posted 11-04-2013 05:41 AM||1085 views||1 time favorited||3 comments|
I got volunteered by the wife to make something for a silent auction to benefit one of the girls at her work that has breast cancer. I had about 2 weeks to make something. I have seen these openers around the internet and have always wanted to make one. I picked up some walnut and maple and glued it up. then I cut them to size and drilled in holes for the magnets and screws. I sanded it down to 320 grit and BTimmons put the chamfer on it before finishing. I 5 minute epoxied the magnets in and finished with 9 coats spray on poly. I sanded in between coats after I had 3 coats built up. I then installed the opener after dry. I am pretty happy with it since it is the first project I have built in 5 years. I would choose to finish it a different way next time. I am not impressed with the poly finish.