|Project by Eric||posted 11-03-2013 03:24 AM||1666 views||2 times favorited||2 comments|
I knew eventually that this would have to be done so I took care of what I thought would be a difficult task. It turns out it wasn’t that hard at all. With a few tips from the forums I quickly had a faceplate on my rebuilt table saw. Thanks guys!
I simply put pieces of cedar strips left from making my wife a paddle to form a jig. Used 3/4” router and took a few passes lowering it every time to achieve a 1/2” depth which left me with a 1/8” material left. Cut it out close to edge for the lip and it was done. Don’t know why I thought it would be so hard…maybe because it’s the first time I used the router with a jig like that. Learn from doing!
-- Eric the "Fabbrocator" Fabbro