|Project by Nick_Osbourne||posted 11-03-2013 01:54 AM||2423 views||8 times favorited||13 comments|
My girlfriend went as Han Solo for Halloween this year so naturally I had to make her the blaster. I started by finding a design I liked online and imported the image into SolidWorks. I scaled it to a size I thought appropriate and from there created all the separate parts and made the assembly (shown in the pictures). Most of the parts I made out of pine but there is some cherry, maple and birch in there.
Some of the work is rough, as you can see here, but it worked for the prop.
I made the heat sink out of hard maple
Here’s the scope mount before attaching it to the gun
Finding an appropriate spring for the trigger took a while but I finally got it
Here are the parts prior to a dry fit
And again after some assembly
Though I do regret not being more careful with some of the cuts all in all I’m quite happy with the final result