|Project by Rick M.||posted 10-25-2013 06:21 PM||1050 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
I bought a box of old lathe tools and there were a few homemade ones included. This beading tool made from a file had a terrible handle that had been chewed by something. It’s actually very functional so I made a new handle from maple following a similar style to the carbide tools I made awhile back. Silver maple, copper ferrule, lacquer finish. I drilled a stepped hole using various size drill bits then glued metal to wood with Elmer’s ProBond, we’ll see how that holds. Bead on the heel was a last minute addition using the same tool that went in the handle, that way I can tell at a glance what it is.
I posted some lathe improvement projects in my blog.
Here are the carbide tools for comparison.
-- |Statistics show that 100% of people bitten by a snake were close to it.|