|Project by jcastle||posted 1963 days ago||1282 views||1 time favorited||12 comments|
I had some 1×6 maple and walnut boards that had cupped a bit and had some oil stains from being stored improperly. They’ve been in my garage for probably about 5 years. About time I did something with them. I recently moved back home after living in Germany for a year and had inherited my fathers shop. I’m re-familiarizing myself with the tools and the shop so decided to build this simple project.
They don’t line up to well because they were cupped pretty bad so they didn’t cut evenly.
Made with the first run, thinner than the others because I didn’t turn the strips, and planed by hand
Thing is an old beast, and works really well. Though once I got my 12” electric planer ruinning, I cheated and used that.
3 boards after their first oiling. 1 Board drying after the grain was raised.</div>
The bottom board has just had it’s grain raised, then sanded down with 400. The top one has recieved its first coat of mineral oil.
-- John Castle - Johncastle.org