|Project by amagineer||posted 10-04-2013 01:12 PM||1127 views||2 times favorited||9 comments|
My brother bought an old Victorian house to renovate, and when I went into the barn I noticed three pieces of 8/4 Bubinga sitting in a dusty corner. He said I could have it, so as a thank you I made him a mallet with a Bubinga head and Hickory handle. I noticed all of the joints in the house used wedges for assembly, so I decided to do the same with the mallet and handle. I sealed the mallet and used the leather from an old lattice belt as a grip, applied with Barge cement. Thanks for looking. I am going back this weekend, maybe I will find more treasures.
-- Flaws are only in the eye of the artisan!