|Project by SPHinTampa||posted 09-27-2013 07:34 PM||3011 views||17 times favorited||5 comments|
Router table, constructed around Incra Wonder Fence and Incra Brand Router Table Top
- Rabbeted panels, joined using pocket screws, made from birch ply
- Plywood drawers, again with rabbeted ends, joined using pocket screws
- Hardwood face frame, drawer fronts, drawer runners made from poplar
- Table top bolted to cabinet using 1/4” bolts, attached via drilled and tapped brass inserts
- Dust collection and power switch from Rockler
A three part blog of the construction can be found here on lumberjocks
Mini review of the Incra router table:
+ The Incra adjustment systems is awesomely flexible and accurate (except for one issue)
+ The rigid insert was a huge step up from the phenolic inserts I used before
- I struggle with the way the fence is mounted to table. Most of the router operations will occur with the fence fully extended and I have trouble with fence moving slightly. I had to redesign the mount to provide more support
- The Incra mechansim also causes you to lose a large amount of router table surface for most operations, which I think some people may not like
Overall, I am pretty happy with the system with the fence mounting issue solved.
You may also notice the drawers are on the back/ (or left side depending on how you stand). Part 3 of blog explains how I got there.
-- Shawn, I ask in order to learn