|Project by maplerock||posted 09-25-2013 06:38 PM||1411 views||1 time favorited||12 comments|
Thanks to everyone that commented or gave me advice on fixing or trashing this box.
I tried several things, and ended up doing several of the fixes. I mixed glue and sawdust, I used some walnut colored putty, and I used a sharpie to blend it in. Here are the before and after of one section.
I (my wife) used tung oil, and three coats (maybe four, easy to lose track) of wipe on poly, and a coat of Johnson’s paste wax.
The box came out pretty well. I like big boxes, and this one looks very pretty. It’s a little like Joan Rivers though… the farther back you stand the better it looks. I’m glad it could be saved.
Thanks again for all of your help!
-- Jerry... making sawdust in the Knobs of Southern Indiana