|Project by Jay Nolet||posted 09-23-2013 12:14 AM||1082 views||5 times favorited||8 comments|
I went to a yard sale last year and found some cedar pieces about a foot long. This is what I ended up with. With this box, I found out how really important placement of the hinge pin is (first time with hinge pin). I thought I had it right. Right up until after glue up. I had to get in there and sand the radius of the lid (back side bottom). Picture three shows it. Picture four inside bottom is just wrong angle photography. I didn’t put a finish on the bottom so that the cedar aroma would waif up when opening the box. It didn’t work. Picture five is the top. I used the router to put stop splines down the length of the corners to mate the front and back with the sides It worked out better than expected. Thanks for the look.
-- I think, therefore I think I am.