|Project by Airframer||posted 09-10-2013 04:24 AM||4032 views||10 times favorited||32 comments|
Last February I purchased a pair of rough bronze router plane castings on eBay for $15. This has been a work in progress ever since.
This is how it started out..
I made a larger base for the main body out of rosewood and the knobs were turned out of more rosewood on my drill press.
I used a small Stanley depth adjuster knob, infilled with rosewood for the depth adjuster and wrapped more rosewood around some brass for the blade holder.
I still need to sharpen and hone the blade and I have no actual idea if this will work or fail spectacularly yet but all indications show it is solid and should work out great lol.
Thanks for looking!
-- Eric - "I'm getting proficient with these hand jobbers. - BigRedKnothead"