Box from my mistakes

  • Advertise with us
Project by Mikesawdust posted 347 days ago 710 views 1 time favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch

I built this for the upcoming charity auction. I decided to use up some of the wood from past projects that failed and cutoffs. The European walnut was a cabinet that didn’t look good when I finished, the rest was scraps of maple, alder and Spanish cedar from earlier projects. The latch was rescued from a busted box that the engraving shop had. I did buy the hinges new, oh well.

3 comments so far

View Jim Jakosh's profile

Jim Jakosh

11287 posts in 1731 days

#1 posted 347 days ago

Nice results. I love the catch on the front and the hinges, too!!

-- Jim Jakosh.....Practical Wood Products...........Learn something new every day!! Variety is the Spice of Life!!

View Fishinbo's profile


11216 posts in 801 days

#2 posted 344 days ago

It came out looking good. Great wood, tight joints and great finish. It should do well in the auction. Great work!

View EODBaloga's profile


5 posts in 113 days

#3 posted 113 days ago

Turned out great

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics :: gardening showcase